Sermon for Jan. 03, 2021 - Visit our sermon site: https://vimeo.com/fbcsuffolk
Get updates from Pastor Thurman regarding services and ministry opportunities Click here...
UPDATE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - Jan. 03, 2021
The Governor's new order does NOT impact churches. No order applies to churches unless the order specifically indicates churches.
We are still under the updates given by the Governor on Thursday, December 10, 2020. Effective December 14:
- Modified stay at home order (midnight to 5am – unless commuting to work)
- Masks – indoors around other people/ outside if you are closer than 6-feet
- Social Gatherings from 25 down to 10 people (this does not include religious services). Education groups (Sunday School) are considered to fall under religious services and may gather with more than 10 people.
- The Governor did not change the previous guidelines for religious services.
Churches and their worship services have their own guidelines and are not affected by the latest executive order. Unless there is specific wording in an executive order or announcement that refers to houses of worship/religious services/churches - it does not apply to churches. The latest criteria for religious services, which is still in place:
- Religious services must be limited to no more than 50% of the lowest occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy of the room or facility in which the religious services are conducted.
- Individuals attending religious services must be at least six feet apart when seated and must practice proper physical distancing at all times. Family members may be seated together.
We are offering two Sunday morning worship services in our sanctuary at 8:30 & 10:30am.
- Worship services are capacity controlled with social distancing measures in place.
- Masks are available and highly encouraged if you are able to wear one. We will follow social distancing guidelines for seating.
- The building is thoroughly sanitized between each service.
Sunday School - Adult Sunday School classes have the option of resuming in person meetings, as each class feels comfortable at 9:30am. For more information and details, contact your Sunday School teacher or Pastor David Edgell.
- Children and Student Ministries are meeting on Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:15am. Student ministry is meeting for Wednesday night gatherings from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Nursery and Preschool has resumed during our Sunday School hour, 9:30-10:15am. The Kids page has more information: fbcsuffolk.org/kids
- We offer live online streaming of the 10:30am service for those who would prefer to worship from home.
- Stay tuned for updates and revisions as more information becomes available.
We will be posting updates to this site as they become available.
Please refer to the letter posted by the pastor this week: fbcsuffolk.org/pastor