DeeperLife classes are in-depth discipleship opportunities that are offered at other times beyond Sunday AM Groups. These courses are designed to challenge you toward maturity in your faith and to a greater knowledge of God's Word as you seek to be a follower of Christ (a disciple).
We seek to carry out our vision of disciples making disciples through helping people establish four points of connection in their lives.
- Connect persons to Christ through faith and repentance.
- Establish persons in a mature faith and in authentic community.
- Equip and mentor persons toward sharing faith and serving others.
- Multiply opportunities to engage believers in making disciples.
Winter/Spring 2020 Deeper Life Classes
Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
Christians today are busier than ever before, doing the "spiritual" work they feel called to out of devotion for God. But are these earnest followers of Christ actually living their faith in a manner that is pleasing to Christ? Whitney effectively challenges this "busy hands, empty heart" epidemic. Whitney poses intensely introspective questions to aid Christians as they gauge their own level of spiritual health.
Whitney also discusses the spiritual disciplines of prayer, fasting, meditating upon Scripture, taking communion and fellowship with others of like faith, showing readers how to transform these often automatic enterprises into faith-building activities.
Teachers: Dr. Thurman Hayes, Jr., Dr. David Edgell & Josh Hrinda
- Location: Goodwin Bldg. G115 - Adult 7
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30 PM - Begins Jan. 22, 2020
- Cost: No Cost - Purchase of Book Optional
Covenant - Knowing God's Covenant - Precept upon Precept
See this incredible thread running from Genesis through Revelation. God enters into a binding agreement with His people and always keeps His promises. Trusting Him as a covenant partner frees us from the bondage of worry and anxiety. This study will transform the way you read the Scriptures!
Teachers: Lisa Amos & Beth Blanchard
- Location: Traylor Bldg. 2nd Floor (T212)
- Time : Wednesday, 6:30 PM-Begins Jan. 22, 2020
- Cost: $25.00
Explore the Bible
In Ephesians 4:12, the Apostle Paul said that the purpose for providing church leaders is to EQUIP members of the body of Christ to carry out their tasks of ministry. Each week we will be taking an in-depth look into the Sunday School lesson to gain content knowledge and process skills to teach and work with small groups.
Teacher: Kermit Hobbs
- Coed (S.S. Teachers - Adult)
- Location: Choir Room
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30 PM (ongoing)
The registration is open each week. Please come to the classroom and join us for the current study.